Sitting down with many first-time home buyers, I have realized most are overwhelmed at the process and don’t even know where to begin. As they embark on a new stage in life, my job is to help educate first-time buyers on the 6 steps to a stress-free and exciting experience.
I can help you to. . .
STEP # 1 – Mortgage Pre-Approval
Mortgage pre-approval allows you to know and understand your budget and be able to react quickly to opportunities.
- Make an appointment with your bank, a mortgage broker or your financial advisor.
- Prepare to have your lender ask for T4’s proof of income, letter of employment, proof of down payment and any other supporting documents.
- You need to know:
- How much can you comfortably afford?
- How much do you need for a down payment?
- What are the hidden costs? (I will help you every step of the way to ensure there are no surprises.)
- Get your pre-approval letter.
- Consider at this point who your lawyer will be for the purchase (don’t have one – don’t worry I can refer excellent lawyers to my clients).
STEP # 2 – Your Perfect House
- During your buyer consultation, I will review your needs and wants for your new home.
- My detailed Buyer Questionnaire will help you with this process. There are many features, locational factors and upgrades most buyers don’t even think of – DON’T worry I’ve got you covered, I won’t let you forget a thing.
STEP # 3 – House Hunting
One of my favourite parts of the process! I’ll find the house that fits your needs! Leveraging my knowledge of the Ottawa area neighbourhoods, I will provide you with local real estate values, taxes, utility costs, services and amenities.
- As your buyer agent, I will organize your showings from resale to new build homes and private sales.
- I research selected homes to identify any potential problems prior to making an offer, saving you time and money.
- Research the comparable homes to help educate you on Fair Market Value.
STEP # 4 – Making an Offer
- I have found the right home for you!
- Preparing the Agreement of Purchase and Sale. Negotiating on your behalf and ensure your best interests are the #1 priority are very important elements for me. As first time buyers – this can be a very overwhelming part of the process. I am dedicated to taking the time to review the documents with so you are comfortable with each one.
STEP # 5 – Satisfying Conditions
Most offer will be written with conditions to protect you, the buyer:
- Home Inspection
- Mortgage Financing
- Legal Review
As your Buyer Agent, I ensure ALL the professionals you have hired are working together to satisfy the conditions on time and are ready to sign the final waivers.
STEP # 6 – Time to CELEBRATE!
You just bought your first house!
I would love to share with you my expertise and make your first home purchase exciting and worry free.
I am happy to offer you a one-on-one Buyer Consultation to get you started on your new dreams.